Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Happy Easter!

In Australia, we managed to get a 5 day long weekend because another public holiday (Anzac Day) occurred on Monday 25th April. I took an extra day's annual leave and we went up to Queensland to visit family and friends.

Whilst I was away, I found out I won the Easter Egg guessing competition at work .... this is what greeted me on my desk this morning.

I managed to guess the exact amount of eggs in the jar ... 244 ... what are the chances!  Don't know if I really need all that chocolate.

Whilst in Queensland I managed to catch up with a couple of friends and we got creative playing with background techniques on ATCS.  If you think these look familiar you simply must visit http://thekathrynwheel.blogspot.com/.  This particular technique is an adaptation of one Kate did in a journal, which featured in the March 2011 issue of Craft Stamper (http://www.craftstamper.com/). Really my ATC is not even close to what Kate created ... it's been so long since I did art of any kind.  I had an absolute blast giving the technique a go ... now to add images and final touches.


There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.
G. K. Chesterton, 1874-1936, English Writer

3 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Hey, nice to see you blogging again! And i'm so happy that you are trying out a technique from my article!! Your ATC looks fab. Can you get hold of Craft Stamper over there? Glad you had a lovely long weekend. We had a four day weekend because of easter but have another 4 day weekend becasue of our royal wedding and may day WOOP WOOP!!

Nic Hohn said...

You were born under a lucky star my friend! Hope you enjoyed every drop of choc! xoxox

Unknown said...

Wow! Nice guess...it looks beautiful! Love your work.