Sunday, September 4, 2011

Spring has sprung down under ...


We have had the most beautiful weather this weekend ... the first weekend of Spring 2011 in Australia.  The Jasmine is growing and smells beautiful and today is also Father's Day here ... so congratulations to all those dad's out there all over the world.

My dad ... love you!

I started my crafting life with scrapbooking many years ago and still love looking at beautifully created scrapbook albums. When my sister Sylvia was pregnant with her first child, we'd taken a photo of her belly every month so we could keep an eye on progress.  I put together a little mini album covering the pregnancy, which I presented to her when my niece Alexis was born.

We did the same thing when she fell pregnant with her second child ... took photos of that ever growing belly.  My nephew is now 2.5 years old and this weekend I finally finished the album to send to my sister in time for her birthday ... how slack am I!!!

Anyway, here's what I created ... now there are a few pics of when my nephew was just born as I was lucky enough to be at the birth, so if you're a bit squeamish do not go any further.

I have not done anything creative since July and feel fantastic that I finally made time to finish one of the many unfinished projects lying around in my craft room.

Enjoy!













A father carries pictures where his money used to be.
~Author Unknown~




3 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely post Di... love the gorgeous album you made... and the month by month photos... how special...

Jenny x

thekathrynwheel said...

A fabulous creation and such a wonderful keepsake :-) Nice to see you back in blogland again. Missed ya!

Madmag said...

You are great!!! Love Magda