Saturday, February 18, 2012

I survived ...

I don't know how, but from October to December I managed to survive ... my boss selling the business I work in, she was no longer there to help me, my colleague went on maternity leave (there are 2 of us day to day in the office), the busiest time of the year in the promotional products industry and my husband and I moved house!  There were loads of days when I thought I couldn't cope with all the stress and so many tears, but finally the festive period was upon us and a 3 week break was just what the doctor ordered!

I needed to do something creative during this time to keep some semblance of sanity, so I hit my stash of old scrapbook papers and (didn't even make a dent creating) 60 handmade Christmas Cards.


What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
~
Ralph Waldo Emerson~

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad you were able to get some quiet creative time after all the stress and mayhem... your cards are gorgeous... and I love that quote... I only wrote it in my art journal two days ago :))

Jenny x