Sunday, April 1, 2012

Record of our trip ...

One of my Christmas presents this year from my beautiful husband was a Fuji Instant camera.  I really wanted one so that when we travel I can have photos straight away to use in my creative projects. As I don't get as much time to create art these days, while we were away I made a promise to spend at least an hour a day recording our trip in a travel journal.

If you haven't already seen some of the photos of our trip, feel free to visit the post here http://docobhthaigh.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/australian-travels.html

Last weekend my friend Jean came to visit and we got a little crafting in and I finally finished the mini album.

I was inspired by an article in the September 2011 issue of the Craft Stamper Magazine (www.craftstamper.com) by Katy Fox.  She used the Pink Paislee Daily Junque stamps to create a beautiful travel journal.  I didn't have all the Pink Paislee Daily Junque patterned papers, but loved the yellow / turquoise colour theme and raided my stash to put it all together. I already had the ring bound small album so was ready to go.  The maps are copies of the map we actually used on our trip, with pen highlighting some of the roads we took.













No comments: