Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Amazing Talent ...

My girlfriend Janneka and I visited the Art Gallery of NSW on Saturday 23rd March and it was fantastic.  Every year I go to check out the amazing talent of our youth with the Art Express exhibition, showing the best art from students graduating with their Higher School Certificate.

Janneka's partner Paul knows one of the artists Mark Barnaville and his scenes of Penrith in charcoal are outstanding:

 
I especially loved the mixed media pieces from Rhiannon Laman, but then again I'm a bit of a fan of of Mixed Media Art.
 

We also checked out the Archibald, Wynn & Sulman Prizes ... again so much beautiful art and talent. This year's winning Archibald Price piece was created by Del Kathryn Barton, titled Hugo.


I really loved all of them, but a couple really resonated with me:

Carlo Pagoda, Habit de jardinier - permanent ink on metal &


James Powditch, Ben Quilty, Where is my mind?


I'd forgotten how much I love the art gallery ... so I became a member so I can go more often.

This year is going to be a year of creativity for me ... it helps me feel balanced so I'm going to search for it in the everyday!

No comments: