Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Things that fly & Tanya's Birthday

I finished this ATC for the Stampers Hut swap which is always due at the end of the month. The theme this time is "Things that Fly" so I figured there would be lots of butterflies and birds and things, so I went with a "Flying Fish". The background is tissue paper sprayed with Sapphire and Spring Mint glimmer mists (I love those glimmer mists ... they're so easy to use).

A group of the scrapping / ATC girls went out to lunch today to celebrate Tanya's 32nd birthday. I was surprised at how many people turned up considering it is a work day ... it was so nice to get together with everyone, it's been ages since I've seen some of the girls.


L to R - Belynda, Kathryn, Kerri, Kyla, Tanya (in the black outfit), Pam, Jane, Lisa, Me (Diana bending), Sarah. Sarah's daughter Claire who's 5, took this photo, isn't she a clever little ducky.


Me and Tanya


You can always guarantee laughs when Kerri & Tanya get together.

I made Tanya an ATC for her birthday instead of a card ... I love receiving small personalised gifts like this and hopefully Tanya did too. The background is courtesy of Valerie Brincheck ... I just love having some ready made backgrounds lying around and the ones she created are beautiful. By the way ... Tanya loves owls, hence the theme.

"You just don't luck into things as much as you'd like to think you do. You build step by step, whether it's friendships or opportunities."
~Barbara Bush, Former First Lady of the United States~

No comments: