Monday, March 9, 2009

It's my birthday ...

The day has finally arrived ... it's my 40th birthday ... and the good stuff just keeps happening.

Glitter Words
[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]
My beautiful husband took me out to dinner on Saturday night to the most incredible restaurant - Urbane - in Brisbane. We decided to have the "Tasting Menu" (sometimes known as a Degustation Menu) instead of ordering the traditional Entree, Main Meal and Dessert ... and didn't we make the right choice ... 11 courses each consisting of a small serving of nearly every dish on the menu ... mouthwatering, phenomenal, orgasmic food served over 2.5 to 3 hours ... I waddled very slowly back to the car at the end of the meal, but it was so worth it.
Some pics from Urbane ...
(1) (2)
(1) the bar, (2) some of the seating, we sat at the first table at the end of the bench seat.

Sample of the food ... 11 smallish serves like these!!

Yesterday, I became a moderator on the ATC_World Yahoo Group and I was thrilled that Hilery, Tammy and Sheree all wanted me to be a part of their little family ... now all I need to do is figure out what I'm supposed to do with all this new-found power!! (LOL).

Today I went shopping for most of the day with my sister and little nephew Harry and didn't go too crazy ... just bought myself a new set of pyjamas to take with me on the retreat this weekend and a woollen short-sleeved cardigan, because you just never know what kind of weather we'll get in Melbourne.

I also received some beautiful artistic gifts ... a WTA by Cindy Hogland and a birthday ATC from Kyla de Ruiter that I love so much more than a birthday card.


Beautiful WTA ATC by Cindy Hoglund in Illinois


The best birthday (ATC) card, personally created by Kyla for me ... it's just beautiful.

... and to finish my birthday off with a bang ... I went and did a 1 hour cardio session with my personal trainer ... crazy or what!!

"At the age of 20, we don't care what the world thinks of us; at 30 we worry about what it is thinking of us; at 40 we discover that it wasn't thinking of us at all." ~Unknown~

2 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Happy Birthday Diana! Have a fabby day and remember life begins at naughty 40! And a moderator too? Wowee, well done :-)

Mary S said...

A great big Happy Birthday to you Diana!! my brothers birthday too :-)
Spoil yourself.