Ferg, Beau and I braved the windy weather and took a tour led by a colourful performance artist - Eddie Sharp - to find out more about our historical statues, their creators and their times, with an entertaining mix of comedy, trivia and fun.
We walked all over Sydney and Beau thoroughly enjoyed his big day out in the city for a few hours.
List of images:
- Queen Victoria in front of Queen Victoria Building, gifted by the Irish (after they dug her up from a bog apparently!)
- Captain Cook Front
- Captain Cook Back
- Eddie, the tour guide.
- William Bede Dalley, the only Australian on the tour.
- Queen Victoria
- Prince Albert
- Beau and Ferg taking a break.
- Il Porcellino, Wild Boar in front of Sydney Hospital. The legend of Il Porcellino is that he will bring you good luck if you rub his snout.
- Shakespeare and five of his most famous characters: Hamlet, Romeo, Juliet, Portia and Falstaff.
- King Edward VII
“Every block of stone has a statue inside it and it is the task of the sculptor to discover it”