Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A weekend in Queensland

Ferg and I travelled up to Queensland for the Queens Birthday long weekend just gone.  It always amazes me how much my niece Alexis and nephew Harry grow up in between visits. The photo's below are when I went to the school to pick Alexis up ... she was very excited to see Aunty Di.  Also lovely (and very rare) family shot of my sister Sylvia, Dave, Alexis & Harry.



I also managed to go to the Scrapbook and Papercraft Convention on Saturday and did a few classes with my friend Pam Prosser.  The classes we did were with the delightful Louise Nelson and Michelle Hartjes ... both very talented scrapbookers and very different.  Of course, I didn't finish my layouts in the class, so it'll probably take me a few years to get them completed (ha, ha).

 

I was a bit star struck when I saw Tim Holtz ... I just stood behind him ... ha ha.


One family member was sorely missed on this trip.  My sister's dog Max was put down since our last visit to Queensland .  His last day was 21st April and he was 17 years of age so had a good innings for a dog.  Nevertheless, he's been a part of the family for a very long time and it was sad that he isn't going to be around anymore.


Enjoy,
Di

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Dianne,
Your sister and you could be twins! Love the pic of your family, especially your nephew with the gap in his teeth!
Keep scrapping!
Hugs Lucy

Madmag said...

Nice pics. I see you are blond again. You know what they say about blonds. It is all true :). Love you Magda xoxo