Thursday, February 26, 2009

ATCs for Addicted to Scrap Live Swap

All day yesterday, last night and from 6am this morning I was finishing up two sets of ATCs due for the Addicted to Scrap Live ATC Swap today. I worked myself up so much that I even sent my friend Kyla (also in the swap) a text late last night saying I wasn't going to the swap 'cause I couldn't finish my cards (what a sookie-la-la, hey!) ... anyway when I woke up this morning I felt revived and decided to have another go at them, rather than quit, and see if everything would come together and here's what I created ...


Broken Hearted Swap, ATC Title "Stupid Cupid".

Stupid Cupid's background is painted in grey, stamped in black with the "Sanded" stamp from Stampin Up, inked around the edges, images from google, dymo label and a couple of black staples on the broken heart.


Summer Swap, ATC Title "Beach Beauty".

The background for Summer came courtesy of Sharon McCallister who had sent a painted serviette with her WTA ATC and the colours were absolutely perfect for my beach scene. The only other things I did with this ATC is to stick a foam sun under the serviette before gluing down, a swirl stamp over the water, an image from google, black ink around the edge of the card and words, and finally outline the sun with a sharpie pen.

Not my best work, but at least I had something to hand in for the swap I'd committed to ... I really must get organised and stop leaving everything to the last minute!!

"I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto death.'" Thomas Paine, 1737-1809, Political Theorist and Writer

2 comments:

Shelly said...

So, your craft room must look like mine now . . . ransacked !!
Your cards are wonderful. "Stupid Cupid" . . . that gave me a grin. Very well done. And your summer cards is lovely. Sharon's background was just the thing and your details are perfect.
Congrats on the WTA . . . really special cards you are receiving.
:-)
Shelly

thekathrynwheel said...

Ha ha, it's amazing what you can produce when under a little pressure! Love the staples on the heart. May have to 'borrow' your idea :-)