Saturday, May 9, 2009

Scrapbook Cupboard: Little Dutch Girl

When I was little I loved knowing that I was from a Dutch European background and if anyone locally asked me what my nationality was, I always proudly exclaimed that I was Dutch. Yet whenever I travelled overseas and anyone asked me where I was from I always proudly exclaimed that I was Australian! Funny isn't it.

As I got older and wiser I realised that I was always trying to be something that I wasn't and decided that I was born in Australia, sound like an Aussie, have lived here my whole life and love coming back whenever I've been overseas, so I'm now always a proud Australian.

My ancestry has, however, inspired my latest ATC creation - Little Dutch Girl. I love to visit Holland whenever I get overseas, as I still have loads of family over there and do miss spending time with them, especially my sister Magda.

"Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don't wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it's at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored."
~Earl Nightingale, 1921-1989, Radio Announcer, Author and Speaker~

4 comments:

Barb said...

This is gorgeous Di....love the red BG..it works well with the image.

Tan in a tree is me said...

Nice post Diana, card is beautiful. :)

Shelly said...

Very heartfelt post and lovely tribute card. The background is fantastic. Heritage and home truly do make us who we are. Great quote at the end, too. I'll have to remember that one.
:-)
Shelly

Gaby Bee said...

I found your Blog through Kelsey and I enjoyed looking at your work. Your creations are really wonderful. Love your ATCs. The backgrounds are fabulous.
Gaby xo