Sunday, August 16, 2009

Some more ATCs

Here are a couple of ATCs I made recently. The first one "Dance" I made for a live swap a few months ago, but I hadn't finished one off for me, so now that I've done it I can show you how it turned out. You'll never believe what I used as the background ... I always use a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock as my backing sheet when I paint, glue, stamp or emboss, so I can keep my desk relatively clean. After 6 months of using the cardstock, it looked so awesome I decided to make it into ATCs ... I couldn't have gotten this effect if I tried. Every ATC had a slightly different background, of course, depending on what technique I was doing on that part of the sheet.

The next ATC I made for a swap hosted by the gorgeous Tanya (does beautiful work, but doesn't update her blog very often). A group of us met today at our local shopping centre and traded our cards over a nice old chat. I love that there is no theme for this swap, so I finally got a chance to try the Postage People technique that I learnt from Marion B via a You Tube video (see embedded video at the end of this post).

In the video, Marion B used a postage stamp over an image she stamped herself, but I don't have that many rubber stamps so ended up finding a drawing of two ladies, that I shrunk down so that the postage stamp would fit and then I printed it out on a laser printer onto watercolour paper. I then used my watercolour pencils, that I haven't used in a very long time and hand coloured the whole thing in. To finish off I used gold rub 'n' buff around the edges, some german scrap along the bottom, a Scrapware chipboard crown inked in gold, a journey circle stamp in gold over the edge of the postage stamp and finally I made the words "We are not amused ..." into a rub-on. I had so much fun making this 'postage people' ATC that I may have to do some more.

"You are not powerless about anything. When you get a vision and then find alignment with it, you ARE powerful. And then amazing things begin to happen around you..."
~
Abraham-Hicks~

2 comments:

Barb said...

Diana...I love your postage people...and the dancer is divine!

bockel24 said...

Your queen is cool, Diana - and thanks for your kind comments!