Friday, November 6, 2009

The race that stops a nation ...

The first Tuesday of November each year brings the Melbourne Cup, a horse race that stops a nation.  I always do a scrapbook class with the talented Lyndal Grant at Scrapbooks Etc, where we also have a Cup Day party by bringing along a plate of food to share, play in the sweep and of course we don our fancy hats.

Here are a couple of pics from the day:


All the ladies, with their hats.

Lyndal our illustrious Teacher (I was a bit far away so the picture's not so great)


The food spread ... so delicious.

Each of Susan's cupcakes has the number of a horse ... even the scratched one ... so cool.

Here I am holding my horse numbered cup-cakes ... number 5 came in third place so I won my money back!

"Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see a bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses."
~Dale Carnegie, 1888-1955, American Author and Achievement Expert~

3 comments:

Brenda Grace said...

Love you in pink and that Hat! All so yummy! What a great idea for cup day!

thekathrynwheel said...

Looks like a great day.
Cute hat by the way :-)

Samantha Marshall said...

How cool!! I love your hat, too!!!