Wednesday, November 11, 2009

This is who I am ...

I heard this song the other day on the radio and loved the words ... of course they didn't name the artist and I had no idea who the singer was, so have been channel surfing constantly since to hear it again.  Today whilst I was driving home, they played it again, so I wrote down some of the words and did a search on the internet and found out it's Vanessa Amorosi's latest single called This Is Who I Am ... check it out:



And here are the words ... they really resonate with me and my life:

I spend my life
Trying to do things right
but all I do is fall to my face with my hands and my hips so many times
but then I learned
after being burnt
to get back up, push straight on, stop the tears,

people move on
ooonnnn

{Chorus}
Well it's alright to be myself,
Now I've Learned To Stand
Well its OK to be just who I am
I've spent years really hating me
longing to be friends
Now I hope that you can understand,
This Is Who I Am

Now when life gets tough
I'm quick to hurry up
I run all day
I run through the night
I'll break down walls, I'll hit up high

I don't care if I'm fat,
Or if you think my clothes are bad
Yet i can go to sleep at night I'm a good person and I'll get by, I!!

I need someone, someone someone, someone like me
You deserve, deserve, deserve to have me
Because your world keeps spinning
And don't try to turn it

Oh, take a breather this is who I ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah Am.

"The judgment of others does not change who I am. Quite the opposite is true. It reveals who they are."
~Terry McPhearson ~

4 comments:

Brenda Grace said...

Mmmmmm so true for so many - amasing how our deep internal sadness can be put in a song and simply mean so much to so many and become so popular. The world is a changing and just maybe for the better xxx

thekathrynwheel said...

Oh great, thanks for sharing. This has GOT to be a journal page for you?!

Jen Crossley said...

Thanks for sharing this Diana I love the words so much
Jen

Jo Wholohan said...

LOVING this song too Di, best played loud :)) xx