Sunday, April 13, 2008

ATCs April 2008

Here are my April ATCs:
  • "Money" Group 2 Scrapbook Cupboard
  • "Country" Group 1 Scrapbook Cupboard
  • "Autumn" Stamper's Hut
  • "Butterfly" Live Swap Meet at Scrapbook Cupboard
I am still involved in 3 swaps, but this month The Scrapbook Cupboard decided to hold a Live Swap Meet. A group of us descended on the Cupboard on Saturday, 12th April 2008. The swap started with a frantic scrambling of wanting to swap with other people's cards and was somewhat overwhelming - probably because we were advised to only make 5 cards and there were 9 cards to swap with. That being said, I hung around chatting for a couple of hours (Sonya even turned up to say hello after work) and I then spent the rest of the day with Kyla & Kerri at The Stampers Hut having a great time and buying much more than I probably needed. Thanks Tanya for organising the event, it was fantastic to meet some of the ladies in the group I hadn't met before and I really enjoyed catching up with everyone.

By the way, I found this great site on the weekend where you can buy loads of bits and pieces perfect for ATCs - the shop's called Scraptivate and they sell a huge range of Collections Chipboard (more than I've seen in any other store) and a range by German Scrap that I just loved.

I've joined an online swap through a Yahoo Group called Paperarts. I'll be completing my first ATC with this group in May and the theme is Mermaids ... the girls in this group seem very talented and I am so looking forward to receiving their cards. I also completed some cards for a swap in Canada (see below) and am looking forward to receiving cards from there as well - all very exciting.
Until next time, I'll leave you with another quote:
"We are told that talent creates its own opportunities. But it sometimes seems that intense
desire creates not only its own opportunities, but its own talents."
Eric Hoffer, 1902-1983, Author of The True Believer

1 comment:

VeryKerri said...

Hi Diana
I had the best time at the Stampers Hut, they have the coolest stuff.Love it!! Love it!!!
Very Kerri xo