Sunday, November 23, 2008

I've been Tagged ...

I've been tagged by Shelly Sessions this week and as I understand it, this game has a few "rules" to play, so here they are:

  1. Post the rules on your blog.
  2. Write seven random things about yourself.
  3. Tag seven people at the end of your post.
  4. Pass on the tag to seven others.

So here are the 7 random things about me:

  1. I am married to the most beautiful, supportive, Irish man - Fearghal, who I love truly and deeply and am so grateful that our paths crossed during the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia.
  2. We have a beautiful Australian Working Kelpie dog, Beau, as part of our family. He’s now 16 weeks old, very energetic and we just love him to bits.
  3. I have one brother (David) and three sisters (Magda, Sylvia and Natalie). David is 14 years younger than me, is studying to be a chef and lives in our home town St Marys in New South Wales, Australia. Magda is my older half sister (but really there are no halves about our relationship). She lives in The Netherlands and has 2 sons - Ian & Evan. Sylvia is 18 months younger than me, has a daughter Alexis, is currently pregnant and we live together with our husbands on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. Natalie is the youngest and is 16 years my junior. She also lives in St Marys with our parents and brother, although she's up here visiting this weekend.
  4. I much prefer to have snakes on our 7.5 acre property than rats, which tend to make their homes in our cars.
  5. Ummm, random item number 5 ... I've still got three things to write ... this is not as easy as I thought. Ok, here’s another one - I am attending the Creative Soul Retreat in Melbourne in March next year and I'm so excited. I'll be doing workshops with wonderfully talented artists DJ Pettit, Bernie Berlin and Stephanie Lee and I can't wait.
  6. I love getting together with the girls for a night of scrapbooking or creating ATCs and Art. We always end up laughing the night away and having loads of fun.
  7. I adore nature and being outdoors. Nothing gives me more pleasure than being on our property and seeing the Kangaroo's jump away; the water dragons rushing across the driveway before we run over them; the ducks swimming in our dam; the Rainbow Lorikeets building their nest in a tree near the house; the hares bouncing out of perceived harm’s way; the goanna’s climbing up trees and little green tree frogs singing (or is that croaking) a chorus whilst stuck on our windows at night.

So the 7 people I have tagged in return are:

I look forward to getting to know you all a little better through your “tagged” responses.

Have fun with it.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
~George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950, Irish Playwright and Nobel Prize Winner~

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Thanks for playing, Diana. I enjoy our chats, too, and truly value our friendship. :-)
How wonderful that you are taking those art retreat classes. You will have the time of your art life.
:-)
Shelly