Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Back from the craft retreat

Well I had a fantastic (quite cool) weekend up at Mt Tamborine, crafting with fellow enthusiasts. I mostly spent my time with friends Jill, Sandra and Sarah crafting at the same table and bunking in the same room. I arrived at 5pm on Friday and once our accommodations were in order and dinner was eaten, started scrapping until at least midnight. I had quite a restless night's sleep on the first night, being in new surroundings and having some really loud snorers in our room / cabin (even though I had ear plugs), so only ended up having around 3.5 hours sleep. I was up at 6.30am embracing a whole day of creating and after breakfast scrapped and created ATCs all day, only stopping for food breaks. We had a pyjama party on Saturday night, so it was quite fun dressing up in our PJs. I went to sleep a little earlier on Saturday night (around midnight) and as I was so exhausted from lack of sleep from the night before, managed to get around 6.5 hours sleep ... barely heard any of the snoring, although the ear plugs did help this time. Sunday was our last day at the craft retreat and after clearing our room, packing the cars and eating breakfast I continued crafting until 1.30pm when everyone started packing up the main room and clearing out.

Our cabin that 7 ladies shared (2 bedrooms).

Our Craft table.


L to R: Sandra, Me, Jill & Sarah at the PJ party ... don't say it, according to Jill I've got "pooh" on my PJs!!

All-in-all I was really happy that I completed 8 double scrapbooking layouts and 2 single ones that have been living in my work-in-progress folder for quite sometime. I also managed to finish my "Under the Sea" ATCs for the Scrapbook Cupboard swap due on 25th August and made a start on my "Song Title" (When I Kissed the Teacher) ATCs for the Addicted to Scrap Swap on 28th August, my "Orange" ATCs for the Stampers Hut swap due at the end of the month and the Watercolour ATCs for the ATC_World swap which I need to send off by 25th August at the latest. I feel like I might be catching up a bit now ... finally.


I found out today that my Create-a-Challenge layout that I submitted to Scrapbooks Etc last month came in second, still pretty good ... can't win every month hey!

I received in the mail yesterday an ATC from Kate Crane in the UK as part of the Pay-It-Forward ATC chain and it's absolutely stunning, she's such a talented artist - what a wonderful surprise. So far I've received 5 back after sending 6 out and hopefully I'll receive the 36 that I should get from it ... but if not that's ok too. I've got 5 amazing new cards in my collection anyway.


"You are the masterpiece of your own life; you are the Michelangelo of your experience. The David that you are sculpting is you. And you do it with your thoughts."
~ Dr Joe Vitale ~

No comments: