Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Creations and other things ...

I've managed to complete 3 sets of ATCs over the past few days for swaps that are due:
  1. the first one has the title "When I Kissed the Teacher" and is for a Song Title themed swap through Addicted to Scrap.
  2. The next one is an intuitive watercolour for an ATC_World swap based on Bernie Berlin's Artist Trading Card Workshop book. My watercolour ATCs were done with the same colours with wet-on-wet and all turned out really similar but just looked like blobs of colour, so they are all sunsets and probably not as creative or intuitive as they could be. I used watercolour pencils (without water) to provide some definition.
  3. The last one is also part of the Bernie Berlin's Artist Trading Card Workshop swap and the technique is watercolours on baby-wipes and using them as backgrounds. I also added some glimmer mist, to give it a different effect. As the baby-wipes had little bear pictures on them, I decided to tie that in with the theme of the card.

I received another Pay-It-Forward ATC in the mail today from Kris Hagan in Indiana, USA. This brings my total to 10 received ... it's like winning the WTA all over again, I'm really enjoying these little surprises that keep arriving in the mail.


My niece Alexis turned 2 on Tuesday and we had a party for her on Saturday, here's a pic of her with her face painted eating flower shaped fairy bread ... she's just way too gorgeous.



Until next time ... keep creating and laugh as much as you can.

"I live by this credo: Have a little laugh at life and look around you for happiness instead of sadness. Laughter has always brought me out of unhappy situations. Even in your darkest moment, you usually can find something to laugh about if you try hard enough."
~ Red Skelton, 1913-1997, Comedian

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Di

Love the photo of Alexis, very cute, how mad is her face paint!!!