Thursday, June 26, 2008

Addicted to Scrap Swap

Kyla and I attended the Addicted to Scrap Swap today and I added another 9 beautiful ATCs to my collection. The theme for this month's swap was Stars of the Silver Screen and there were 2 Charlie Chaplins & Marilyn Monroes, 1 Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Cary Grant, Fred/Ginger & Judy Davis in Wizard of Oz.


I made a Charlie Chaplin ATC and used the Emboss Resist technique out of Bernie Berlin's book ATC Workshop. I used chipboard for my ATC base, painted in Making Memories Copper Paint, next I stamped over the paint with music notes in black StazOn, I then stamped numbers, words & a ticket stubb in clear ink which I embossed with clear powder, the final layer was red acrylic paint. After the paint dried, I cover the ATC with a scrap of paper and then ironed the card twice, which melts the embossing powder and shows the colour underneath. Once the background was done, I used a Microscope slide where I stuck the picture of Charlie Chaplin & pages of an old dictionary, then covered the edges in foil tape. I stuck this to the card by using Dimensional Magic. I'm pretty happy with how the card turned out ... even though there was quite a lot of work involved in bringing this ATC together.

"The happiness that is genuinely satisfying is accompanied by the fullest exercise of our faculties and the fullest realization of the world in which we live."
~ Bertrand Russell ~

No comments: