Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Another RAK

I received another ATC in the mail yesterday from Linda Baldock, a very talented artist in New South Wales ... in fact she lives about 5 minutes from where my parents live ... such a small world. Linda has a wonderful blog if you'd like to check it out - http://atclindab.blogspot.com/. The scan of her card didn't come out very well because it's lumpy bumpy, but take my word for it, it's wonderful. The background is embossed in gold and then there's a little metal placque with wire and beads threaded through it ... I love it.

The other day I posted a message to the girls on the PaperArts Yahoo Group asking where I can buy Punchinella / Sequin Waste in Australia. Next thing I know Elizabeth Harms has sent me a huge amount of the stuff, with large holes in it. It's great as I can now share it around with the local girls so they can use it to stencil backgrounds on their ATCs. It also helps me to have a play with some background techniques so I can participate in the ATC_World Yahoo Group ATC Workshop Swap #3 based on Bernie Berlin's book. Some people are so incredibly generous ... I'll have to make a special ATC in return.

A moment's insight is sometimes worth a lifetime's experience.
~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr., 1841-1935, American Jurist ~


No comments: