Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A new ATC

I was due to hand in my set of 10 ATCs for the Stamper's Hut swap yesterday (last day of the month) and realised last night I hadn't even made them (I was too caught up with all the lovely ATC Workshop backgrounds). So I stayed at home today instead of going scrapping at Scrapbooks Etc in Underwood to start and finish my Russian themed ATCs.

Considering how quickly I finished these ATCs off, I'm really happy with how they turned out. I found a map of Moscow through Google Earth and that became the background; I found a photograph of Red Square and printed it on a transparency, so you can see the map through it; I typed up a dictionary definition of Moscow, stuck this down one side and sewed it onto the card; and lastly I added a photo of a modern Russian soldier to finish it off.
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
~ Marcel Proust, 1871-1922, French Novelist/Essayist/Critic ~

No comments: