Friday, January 9, 2009

Gargoyle

Some of the members of ATC_World started posting pictures of their Gargoyle ATCs and I thought they were awesome, so at the last moment I decided to play even though my mum & dad have only just left to go back to Sydney and my mother-in-law arrived on Monday from Ireland (the great thing about overseas travel is jetlag ... so I've been able to duck away into my craft room a little bit and finish my ATCs)!!

Here is my Gargoyle ATC with the title "Grotesquerie" ... I borrowed that word from one of the Anne Rice Vampire Chonicles books about the Vampire Lestat ... isn't it a cool word!! The dictionary definition is - (1) grotesque character; (2) something grotesque; (3) grotesque ornamental work - perfectly describing gargoyles I thought.

They're now on their way to Vonda in Michigan USA ... hope they turn up by the deadline on 23rd January.

"One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again."
~Abraham Maslow 1908-1970, Psychologist~

3 comments:

thekathrynwheel said...

Hey, it's great that you're managing to get some time for a little crafting :-))) The gargoyle is fab - I love these ugly little guys and you've done a great job again! Love the background colours.

Sarah W said...

Yet again, you have done well. I think I need to locate the talent. Great job.

Shelly said...

Stellar card !! Love the Goth feel and the background is super . . . very Hades-esque.
Anne Rice would love it.
Glad to hear you are finding some time for your art.
:-)
Shelly