Monday, January 26, 2009

Zodiac Swap

It's taken me ages to finish the ATCs for the January themed Zodiac Swap through the Scrapbook Cupboard. I decided to go with my own star-sign "Pisces", even though there was a suggestion to make an ATC of all participant's star-signs - but I just knew I wasn't going to have the time to do that, as we have Ferg's mum visiting from Ireland and we're out and about so much, I'm not getting much crafting done.

I started this ATC with some scrap cardboard that came in the ATC sleeve packets, which I cut down to ATC size, I then put them through the Cuttlebug, thereby creating the dot textured background. I painted the background with Making Memories glaze paints in Sky Blue and Emerald green, then spritzed with Sapphire and Spring Mint Glimmer Mists - love that colour combination. You can't really see the background effect in the picture, but they shimmer beautifully when turned in the light.

I then found a couple of images of fish through google, added a fish hook with fibre and punched the words out on my trusty dymo.

I'll be handing these in tomorrow ... even though they were due on the 25th January, but seeing as that was a Sunday and today is Australia Day and the shop was closed both days, I figure I'm not really late!!

"The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls."
~Pablo Picasso, 1881-1973, Spanish Artist~

3 comments:

Shelly said...

Once again, you amaze me with your clever match of image to text. Great, great card, and love the work you are doing with the glimmer mists. Beautiful colors.
:-)
Shelly

Sarah W said...

Woo hoo,I get one of these, being in the group and a fellow pisces. Love the card. The background texture is cool. Now I know why you asked me that comment on my blog. Another great card. ;-)

Belynda-Lee said...

ohhhh wow sarah, how awesome is your atc, i simply love what you have done with the background, the fish look really cool too..ohhh i cant wait to receive one, oh btw when will we be receiving them do you know?
belynda xo