Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More ATC Workshop Techniques

I finally finished off my ATCs for the other 2 techniques for the Bernie Berlin ATC Workshop swap through ATC_World. The first one is Inky Layers and the next one is Leafing Pen Resist.

The Inky Layers background is done with bits of different pieces of paper inked up and then glued down. The next step is to paint a glaze over the papers, I used a watered down light green Making Memories paint, which was then rubbed with ink pads (a green and red) in a few places and blended in with a tissue or baby wipe. Calligraphy ink was rubbed in next, which blended more of the ink and I used a circle stencil with the red ink to make the dots pattern. I'm really happy with how this ATC turned out.

When Kyla and I were doing the backgrounds for the Leafing Pen Resist ATCs, we couldn't get a Leafing Pen for this technique, so we just used the Making Memories branded glaze paints instead. It probably doesn't stand out (resist) as much as the leafing pen would have, but that was the best we could do under the circumstances.

I had so much fun playing with these techniques from Bernie Berlin's ATC Workshop book and can't wait to do the next techniques.

There is a road from the eye to the heart that does not go through the intellect.
~ G.K. Chesterton, 1874-1936, English Writer ~

1 comment:

Carrie Hudson Peralta said...

Oh, I just LOVE the chimp atc. Monkey's are my FAVORITE! Don't see many people making atc's with monkeys! Oh...he's just TOO adorable! Your work is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing your talent! ~hugs~
Carrie