Tuesday, July 8, 2008

ATCs received from the USA

Today I received 2 more WTA ATCs from America that I won in May through ATC_World. The first one is Vintage Swim Club by Tonya Krout and the 2nd one is Dive Time by Mara Viviano - both ladies come from Durham, North Carolina.

(1) (2)
(1) Vintage Swim Club by Tonya Krout, North Carolina USA, (2) Dive Time by Mara Viviano North Carolina USA

I did a trade with Barbara Bennett from Mississippi through ATC_World and received 2 beautiful cards in the mail yesterday. I can't believe that Barbara sent me 2 original ATCs, I don't think I could trade my originals, I'd have to at least make 2 of them so I could keep a copy of everything I've made. The first ATC is a wax collage and has lovely texture and the 2nd card has a white image stamped on a black background with embellishments added. I just love adding new artworks to my collection.


I have also completed my ATCs for the Scrapbook Cupboard Group 2 swap due on 14th July. The theme for this swap was "Technology" and I have done my card on the Microwave. On the back of the card, I have written a small paragraph about how the Microwave was actually discovered, which I thought was interesting:

"The microwave was invented by a scientist Percy Lebaron Spencer in 1946 after he walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket."


I am in the process of completing House Shaped ATCs for an ATC_World swap hosted by Tammy Hixon and will need to send them off by 20th July to get them there by the deadline ... so am signing off now so I can spend some time finishing them off and will leave you with this little verse about the importance of a smile.

Ciao,
Diana
IMPORTANCE OF A SMILE
"A SMILE costs nothing, but gives much. It enriches those who receive, without making poorer those who give. It takes but a moment, but the memory of it sometimes lasts forever. None is so rich or mighty that he can get along without it, and none is so poor but that he can be made rich by it. A smile creates happiness in the home, fosters good will in business, and is the countersign of friendship. It brings rest to the weary, cheer to the discouraged, sunshine to the sad, and is nature's best antidote for trouble. Yet it cannot be bought, begged, borrowed, or stolen, for it is something that is of no value to anyone until it is given away. Some people are too tired to give you a smile. Give them one of yours, as none needs a smile so much as he who has no more to give."
~ believed to be based on the writings of Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch ~

No comments: