Thursday, July 24, 2008

My first fabric ATC

Today I went off to the Addicted to Scrap ATC swap and the theme this month was "Fabric". I was so proud of my achievements, even if I only just completed my cards yesterday. I have to say a big thank you to Tanya for invading her home and letting me borrow her sewing machine on Tuesday night ... I don't know what I would have done without the use of it.


So what I did to create this all fabric ATC is: (1) print out image and word (reflection) in reverse onto Iron-on-Transfer paper; (2) iron the images onto plain calico; (3) cut out the image and word; (4) get some brown stiffened felt and cut to ATC size; (5) Iron "heat and bond" onto what will be the front of the ATC; (6) peel paper from back of "heat and bond" and then iron patterned fabric onto it; (7) cut excess patterned paper down to ATC size; (8) stick image and word onto the fabric with double sided tape; (9) sew these into place with sewing machine; (10) Stick calico onto the back of the ATC with Jac paper; (11) cut to size; (12) sew charm onto the front; (13) sew around edge of ATC; (14) write details on back with Zig writer or fabric pen. Sounds complicated when I type it all out. Anyway I like how it turned out and I got some nice new ATCs to add to my collection today.

All I need to do now is Cupboard ATCs before Saturday, Metal ATCs by next week, make 2 WTA ATCs for the June winners in the USA, have some more ATCs to trade for the live swap next Saturday and finish a layout for the Scrapbook challenge I've committed myself to for next week also ... I may have bitten off more than I can chew!! I'll have to be extremely focussed this weekend.

Better go, my tv show Bones is about to start and I want to do my Cupboard ATCs while I'm watching TV.

Until next time ... keep smiling.

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one."
~ Mark Twain, 1835-1910, Writer ~

1 comment:

Tan in a tree is me said...

You are so very welcome Diana. This card is absolutely beautiful. Its a shame you cant see the texture on here. the transfer feels really bizarre. Well done, im sure theyll love it :)