Saturday, September 27, 2008

ATC Workshop Techniques

On Friday night I went over to Kyla's place because we have both committed to being a part of the ATC_World Bernie Berlin ATC Workshop swap and thought it would be much more enjoyable if we tried out the techniques together.

Firstly we did Paint on Paper Towel and I had so much fun collecting paper towels from public washrooms with different patterns for this technique. The ATC I made for the swap is below and I love it. I made the background by painting swirls with Making Memories emerald glaze paint all over the towel, then I sprayed glimmer mists in red and green making sure there was no white showing through. The coolest thing happened to the emerald glaze, it had a reaction with the glimmer mist and the silver tone in the paint was really accentuated. When I looked at the paper towel once it was dry, I thought the colours were a bit dull, but now that I've torn it up and glued the pieces all over the ATC, then used Stampin Up's Canvas background stamp with black StazOn and added the details, I really love it. I'm so happy with how this ATC turned out.

I will be working on the other 2 techniques for this swap over the weekend as I need to send them off to the USA by Tuesday at the latest, so will post pictures soon.

Did you ever see an unhappy horse? Did you ever see a bird that had the blues? One reason why birds and horses are not unhappy is because they are not trying to impress other birds and horses.
~ Dale Carnegie, 1888-1955, American Author and Achievement Expert ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I like these - the bird one is fab. Where did you get the image? The background looks great :-)
Kate aka thekathrynwheel

Anonymous said...

I thought you did a fabulous job on the Paper Towel card 'Bird'. The background was wonderful - wouldn't have recognized it as a paper towel.
Sheree Rose