Wednesday, September 3, 2008

ATCs and a layout

I received an amazing Pay-It-Forward ATC in the mail today, all the way from Arizona USA. This card was made by Laura Carson and I think it's truly stunning. So much effort and time has gone into putting this card together and it really does show. I just love the concept of Pay-It-Forward ATCs and have now received 11 from the 6 that I originally sent out. I just joined another Yahoo Group of Advanced ATC artists based in the UK and it turns out Laura is a member of this group also ... I'm really looking forward to getting to know this small group of artists.


I completed a set of 12 ATCs for the live swap meet at the Scrapbook Cupboard this Saturday. The background is alcohol inks and the image was downloaded from a free images web-site (am unsure which one now). I really like the card, but something strange happened to the ink in the image - I think the glue made it change colour in some places ... ah well, I guess it adds to the "old" look of the picture and I really don't want to make different ones.

I also received an ATC this week from Lois Richter in California from the Winner Takes All Lottery that I won in May. I really like the message in this card ... REFLECT ... it's good to remember to take time to do this from time-to-time. It's the first digital ATC to make it into my collection and I think it's so wonderful to have a sample of all different artistic interpretations.

Finally, I finished another scrapbooking layout. This one is again for the Create-A-Page competition at Scrapbooks Etc. I made a promise to myself that whatever classes or layouts I do from now on, the subject matter will be my trip overseas last October ... otherwise I'll never get the trip scrapped. This layout is of me and my very good friend Michelle who has lived in London for a long time and everytime I go over, I make sure I spend some time with her. We've known each other for at least 20 years ... wow, that's a long time.


"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
~ Charles Dickens, 1812-1870, Novelist ~

No comments: