Sunday, September 7, 2008

Can't get enough of ATCs ...

I finished my ATCs for one of the Scrapbook Cupboard swaps with the theme Charcoal and Orange. I used my new Paper Artsy stamp with an image of the Eiffel Tower, and used Bernie Berlin's emboss resist technique as the focal image instead of a background as I have done before, a little bit of french text, a label and brad and it's finished ... voila! I have to say I really love the emboss resist technique, it's so versatile and always looks completely different with different colours and stamps.

Yesterday, I caught up with the girls at the Scrapbook Cupboard live swap and added another 8 cards to my forever expanding ATC collection. I now have over 440 ATCs in my collection ... it's amazing how quickly an obsession can grow.

I received my copy of ATC Quarterly from Canada on Friday that I subscribed to recently, and what a surprise it was to see Kyla's card had been accepted in the Autumn ATC challenge, which appears in the centrefold - in the picture below, Kyla's ATC is in the bottom left hand corner.


Also in this issue of ATC Quarterly, Shelly Sessions (from New Orleans) who I've traded with before and have gotten to know better through email chats, was a featured artist with some of her beautiful beeswax cards. It's very exciting to see my friend's / fellow artists work in print and to see their art recognised.


I did a trade with Lisa Goldman through ATC_World and received her 2 cards in the mail on Friday also. The photos of her 2 cards don't really do them justice as there's all this texture in the background that's lovely to feel.


"Beware what you set your heart upon. For it shall surely be yours."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson 1803-1882, Poet and Essayist ~

No comments: