Thursday, September 25, 2008

Two more ATCs finished for swaps

I managed to finish two sets of ATCs for a couple of swaps over the past few days. The first one is for a monthly face-to-face swap at Addicted to Scrap and this month's theme was Ladies Accessories. My ATC is titled "She Likes Hats" and under each hat is a little tab of velcro so you can change her hats around if you feel like it. I started this set of cards on Wednesday and finished them in time for the swap today (Thursday)!!! I am spending so much time with our new puppy Beau that I'm only getting my cards done for swaps just-in-time.

The second ATC is for a swap through the Yahoo Group PaperArts and the theme for this swap is "Weird and Wacky Wings". I used a lolly / candy wrapper for the wings and called it the "Confection-fairy" ... I thought that was funny. I completed one of these ATCs last night and as I've been getting up nice and early to let Beau out in the morning (today he was scratching to get out of our room at 5.45am) I managed to get all 9 cards required for the swap done before lunch time.

Next on my list to do is to complete my ATCs for the ATC_World Yahoo Group swap, which I need to send to the USA by Monday 29th September at the latest so they can arrive in time for the deadline on 15th October. This swap is going through Bernie Berlin's book "Artist Trading Card Workshop" and completing each technique. I have the book and love it, so am thrilled to be in a swap trying each technique out.

The most important thing is to be whatever you are without shame.
~ Rod Steiger, 1925-2002, American Actor ~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love following your blog - I'm in ATC_World and I'm always hoping to get one of your ATCs.

Keep up the good work!

Missy